Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend in review

Our weekend started off great! Kevin and I took off work Friday to float the Buffalo River. We normally kayak but decided to take a canoe. This was my first ever float trip in a canoe. I have to say that it was fun because I really didn't have to paddle or anything but I really missed my kayak. 






We spent most of the day fishing. The fishing was not good at all but I did manage to catch a few. 




   

Saturday

Saturday morning was busy. I woke up and headed to Farmer's Market on the square to load up on some garden goodies. After that I headed home to make pancakes for the family. I also made homemade salsa and cookies. Reggie helped me bake the cookies and he even made this huge cookie.                                                







I made the salsa that Leslie from Blonde Ambition posted to her blog.  It was my first time to ever make salsa. It will not be my last either. The only downfall to making fresh salsa with garden veggies is that I eat the whole jar myself. Yeah I made this Saturday morning and it was gone by Sunday night. Here is the link to Leslie's blog in case you need a good salsa recipe. http://www.blondeambitionblog.com/





The kids went to the Springfield Cardinal baseball game Saturday evening with their Papa Bill and Uncle Jordan. The Cardinals won 8 to 0. Reggie says "The Cardinals whooped The Naturals pants off". While the kiddos were at the game Kevin and I enjoyed an afternoon out by the pool.



Sunday Funday

Sunday started off with a trip to Daisy Queen for ice cream. Then we headed to the River for a picnic lunch. River was a little too muddy due to the rain so we didn't stay long.





Soo we packed up and headed to the pool!










No comments:

Post a Comment