Thursday, June 25, 2015

Two weekends in a row and I won plane tickets!!

I signed up for Dash to Splash 5K in Branson MO about a month ago and realized about a week before the race that there was another 5K(Run for a Vet) at the same location soo I signed up for that one too. Both races were for a great cause so why not?!


Run for a Vet 6/13/15 Recap - I registered for this race the morning of. I get registered and take my packet back out to my car to put on my bib etc. Then I notice this card with holes and a bread tie. I had no clue what to do with it so I had to ask a random person in the parking lot on how to put my shoe tag on LOL Yep I am such a newbie at this. Overall I was proud of myself for finishing this race. To me, the course was hard. It had lots of rolling hills that really took a toll on me. But I finished! And I was 4th in my age group. Missed a medal by less than 4 seconds. Chip time:32:47. Pace:10:32



Run for a Vet 5K. 

Dash to Splash 6/20/15 Recap - My goal for this race was to beat my time from last weekend. I knew the course now since I ran it last weekend and I had even made the drive to Branson one morning during the week to get a practice run in. And I did it! My Chip time was 31:06. Pace 10:00. 6th in my age group and 64th(out of 142) place overall. After you crossed the finish line you got to pick a prize off of the prize board. I ended up winning two round trip tickets to one of seven cities that Branson AirExpress flys to!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! 



Dash to Splash fun!!

Still can't believe I won Airline tickets!



Next goal - Run a 5K in under 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment