Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I'm a runner?!!?

In March I started running with the local Women Can Run clinic. The clinic was a 10 week program for all ages and abilities to learn how to run or walk for exercise. I joined Beginning Runner Group A -The goal was to train to run/walk up to 3.1 miles and to complete a 5K. Somehow in those short 10 weeks I fell in love. I completed my first 5K on May 9th in Conway AR at the Women Can Run race. I ended up 22 out of 109 in my age group. 10:22/mile. Time 32:08.
Thankful that this leader (Cindy) ran with me the whole race. She really encouraged me to keep going! 


I found my Dad at the finish line!! My Step Mom (Ocie) was running the race too! She did awesome. She finished 7th in her age group. 

Our shirts match the port a potties!! LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment